Search This Blog

Monday 11 May 2009

To those who wait comes just reward.



Over the last couple of years I have had many encounters of Greater Spotted Woodpeckers. To date the best two locations that I have found for these are:

 1. Slimbridge WWT, which is a fantastic place to get to grips with wildlife in a controlled environment.
2. My wife's parents garden in West Wales.

 The problem I have had is that the woodpeckers have only ever  landed on feeders and although I managed to get some good images they don't look that photogenic.

With this in mind after having a discussion with my father in law Tommy he decided that he would try and alter this by placing a log in the garden and drilling a few holes in it and placing peanut butter and brazil nuts in them. 

Above you can see the results.






No comments:

Post a Comment